Internships & Volunteers Needed
Global Office Opportunities
Starlight interns are asked to make a 3-6 month commitment (semester or quarter cycle) at 10-15 hours per week; renewal is encouraged. The internship is unpaid; however we will participate in any activities required for interns to receive college credit for their work.
Communications- Global Office: Los Angeles, CA
As a Communications Intern/Volunteer, you will:
• Supporting the Communications Manager, Social Media Manager and Entertainment Marketing Manager with research, writing and recommendations
• •Assisting with implementation of Starlight’s public relations goals
• Organizing Starlight’s communications contacts and marketing assets
• Overall support of the Brand team
Development- Global Office: Los Angeles, CA
Starlight Children's Foundation seeks an enthusiastic development intern or volunteer to support and assist the Development Department in their fundraising efforts. As a Development Intern/Volunteer, you will:
• Become familiar with the inner workings of a global non-profit organization
• Assist with database management
• Conduct in-depth research and evaluations on prospective corporate donors
• Develop sales materials and presentations
• Draft and edit written correspondence, proposals and reports
• Assist with daily administrative duties
Media Relations- Global Office: Los Angeles, CA
As a Media Relations Intern/Volunteer, you will:
• Compiling press breaks to distribute internally.
• Identifying industry press that informs organizational strategy.
• Building targeted press lists for year-round pitching.
•Assisting with the organization’s public relations strategy.
• Learning the Cision media monitoring system, no previous knowledge is needed.
Programs- Global Office: Los Angeles, CA
Responsibilities include supporting the recruitment plan for the Starbright World online community, including:
• Researching partner organizations
• Creating recruitment and marketing materials
• Supporting the development of promotional videos
• Supporting the Starbright World recruitment plan in other aspects
• Assist in editing/writing human interest stories and essays.
For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.